Getting through to a key stakeholder isn’t easy. They’re getting hit with calls and emails CONSTANTLY. Sometimes, if you cold call a high level person out of the blue with no point of reference, you risk pissing them off. The goal is to get a New Business Meeting with them.
Here are a few tips to create that point of reference when you get them live:
- Have a lower level discovery meeting in advance of calling an EB
- VITO or BASHO letters – Email or Direct Mail
- Invites to upcoming events
- LinkedIn – Create audience with key stakeholders and share messaging
- LinkedIn InMail – Use with caution as you can rub people the wrong way with this. Here are some best practices.
- Email first then call – Tuesday is the best day for this
Know the persona of the person you’re contacting and make sure you do the proper research beforehand.