Let’s tackle a common challenge many of us face: reaching out to K-12 schools in the SLED (State, Local, and Education) market. It’s no secret that connecting with decision-makers in these institutions can be a tough nut to crack, but fear not! With the right approach and a few key strategies, we can boost our connection numbers and make meaningful progress. Here are some tips based on a recent conversation:
- Organize and Prioritize: Start by organizing your list of K-12 schools and prioritizing them based on their potential impact. Identify the big players or those with the most strategic value (let’s call them your “A” schools) and focus your efforts there. These are the ones that can yield the highest returns and should be your top priority.
- Time Management: Time is precious, especially when dealing with busy school administrators and gatekeepers. If you find yourself spending too much time trying to connect with a particular school, set a limit. Give it five minutes, and if you haven’t made progress, move on. Don’t let outdated phone systems or unresponsive contacts hold you back.
- Adapt Your Messaging: When reaching out to K-12s, it’s essential to tailor your messaging to resonate with their needs and priorities. Highlight the potential cost savings or value propositions that are most relevant to educational institutions. Remember, they’re always looking for ways to stretch their budgets further.
- Explore Alternative Contacts: While IT personnel are often the primary point of contact for technology-related initiatives, don’t overlook other decision-makers within the school hierarchy. Superintendents and administrators may also play a crucial role in the decision-making process, so consider reaching out to them as well.
- Persistence Pays Off: Lastly, don’t be discouraged by initial setbacks or challenges. Building relationships with K-12 schools takes time and perseverance. Keep refining your approach, learning from each interaction, and staying focused on your goals.
In conclusion, calling K-12 schools in the SLED market may present its fair share of obstacles, but with the right strategies and mindset, we can overcome them. By organizing our efforts, managing our time effectively, adapting our messaging, exploring alternative contacts, and maintaining persistence, we can increase our connection numbers and drive meaningful results. So let’s roll up our sleeves, dial those numbers, and unlock success one school at a time!