You have a 10% chance of closing a deal when you do not have a Champion. A Champion will answer two crucial questions, “Why do anything?” and “Why buy now?” and will sell for you when you’re not there.
It’s important to understand what a champion is:
- Technical and/or Political Power and influence
- Actively Selling on your behalf
- Access to Economic Buyer
- Vested interest in YOUR success
- A Coach isn’t a Champion
- Without a champion, deal will probably not get done
- without a champion, we are unable to :fix” anything
Then you have to develop the relationship(s)
- Build multiple champions – don’t be single threaded
- Test them throughout the sales process
- Do I have a real Champion?
- Does my champion have influence?
- Does my champion have a personal win?
- Have I tested my champion
- Does my champion truly understand the technology?
Why Social Selling is important
Framework for how to leverage the power of social selling to find a Champion